Information for Housing Providers

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

HomeHelp & Resources

SDA Frequently Asked Questions

What is Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)?

The term SDA can be used to describe a type of funding or payment provided by the NDIS as well as a type of housing for a small percentage of people with disability who have very high support needs and/or extreme functional impairment. Here are some frequently asked questions on Specialist Disability Accommodation.

Common questions

Can't find SDA that suits you?

Sign up here and create a Housing Hub profile. Enter information about what you are looking for. If a home gets listed that matches what you're looking for, the Housing Hub will let you know!

Browse Resources

Housing seeker icon; search icon with a house icon in the circle, image is green on a white background

Getting around on the Housing Hub

A guide to help you find your way around the Housing Hub, answer some questions you may have and show how the Housing Hub can help you find your new home.

Link icon, green outline icon on a white background

Useful links for Housing Providers

A collection of information about Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA), what is required for a property to be considered SDA and emerging market trends.

support icon, hand holding up a house, icons have a green outline on a white background

Support Team Sign Up

Support coordinators can now connect with their clients on the Housing Hub. Housing Seekers can now nominate a Support coordinator who will be able to view and edit their profile and help them search for a new home.