SDA Frequently Asked Questions

Find out more about accessible housing in Australia

HomeHelp & Resources

SDA Frequently Asked Questions

What is Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)?

The term SDA can be used to describe a type of funding or payment provided by the NDIS as well as a type of housing for a small percentage of people with disability who have very high support needs and/or extreme functional impairment. Here are some frequently asked questions on Specialist Disability Accommodation.

Common questions
Can't find SDA that suits you?

Sign up here and create a Housing Hub profile. Enter information about what you are looking for. If a home gets listed that matches what you're looking for, the Housing Hub will let you know!

Would you like some help from our team?

We can support you with:

  • A phone call to talk about your housing needs 1300 61 64 63.
  • Help to understand if you are eligible for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding. Complete the Eligibility Checker.
  • Attend a Housing Options event to learn about Housing Options available to you.

Browse Resources

signage, housing seekers pointing left and housing providers and support teams pointing right

Getting around on the Housing Hub

A guide to help you find your way around the Housing Hub, answer some questions you may have and show how the Housing Hub can help you find your new home.

Photo of Keith Fagg sitting at a table smiling

Information for Housing Providers

By advertising your property on the Housing Hub, you can connect directly with potential tenants or buyers to find the best fit for your property.

measuring tape icon, green outline

OT Resources

OTs play a critical role in facilitating great outcomes for people with disability. We have compiled some information and resources to support you in your work.