SDA Frequently Asked Questions

HomeHelp & Resources


What is Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)?

The term SDA can be used to describe a type of funding or payment provided by the NDIS as well as a type of housing for a small percentage of people with disability who have very high support needs and/or extreme functional impairment. Here are some frequently asked questions on Specialist Disability Accommodation.

Common questions

Can't find SDA that suits you?

Sign up here and create a Housing Hub profile. Enter information about what you are looking for. If a home gets listed that matches what you're looking for, the Housing Hub will let you know!

Would you like some help from our team?

We can support you with:

  • A phone call to talk about your housing needs 1300 61 64 63.
  • Help to understand if you are eligible for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding. Complete the Eligibility Checker.
  • Attend a Housing Options event to learn about Housing Options available to you.

Personal Stories

Living Independently

Shanais describes how life changing it is to be living independently in an accessible apartment in Melbourne.

View Living Independently

Carol & Kevin support their daughter

Carol and Kevin share their journey of supporting Kirby through the SDA process to live independently.

View Carol & Kevin support their daughter

Featured Homes

Inner Eastern Melbourne

Artist impressions of apartment building exterior

Clayton South VIC

Bedroom icon1Bathroom icon1Car park icon1| Apartment

Outer West Blue Mountains

Image of an accessible kitchen in the Penrith apartments

Penrith NSW

Bedroom icon1Bathroom icon1Car park icon1| Apartment