How can I get help finding housing?

HomeHelp & Resources


On this page

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

The NDIS aims to provide reasonable and necessary support for people with significant and permanent disability. This may include paying for housing, changes to make your own home more accessible and/or supports to live independently in the community.

Who can get help from the NDIS?

If you are someone with a disability living in Australia and would like to know if you can get help from the NDIS, please use the eligibility checklist on the NDIS website.

How to apply for the NDIS

Please visit “How to apply” on the NDIS website. You can call 1800 800 110 to make an Access Request or you can ask for a form.

Can I live in Specialist Disability Accomodation? (SDA)

If you would like to see if you are eligible for Specialist Disability Accomodation (SDA), or simply explore different housing options, you can talk to your Support Coordinator or Local Area Coordinator (LAC).

If you aren’t sure who your Support Coordinator or LAC is, talk to your planner at the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).

Compensation Schemes

If you are injured in a motor vehicle or workplace accident please contact the relevant body in your state or territory to ask for help.

If you are eligible to receive support from the Department of Veterans Affairs, you can contact DVA on ph: 1800 555 254 or visit a Veterans' Access Network (VAN) office for assistance.


If you need advocacy or advice about housing or other supports, you can find an advocate in your area by searching:

You can also find resources, tool kits, and advice at

Personal Stories

Building SDA

Property Developer, Keith Fagg talks about his motivation for building Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA).

View Building SDA

Trevor chooses how he wants to live

Linda, Trevor's Mum, shares how Trevor's life has changed since he chose to live in an SDA apartment.

View Trevor chooses how he wants to live

Featured Homes